Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Dream of Nephi

I had a pleasant yet curious dream 2 nights ago while here
in San Diego. All or most of my children were sitting or
laying on our living room couch one evening. I was happy
to see them and went to give them all a hug. A small infant
appeared who looked like Gabby when she was a baby.
The baby wanted a hug also. This baby could speak and
told me that I hadn't paid attention to him; that I
probably didn't even remember his name. I objected and
said, of course I remembered him...but when I went to
say his name I truly could not remember. The babywas
right. I woke up soon afterwards and wondered what this
could mean. Then it became clear; our son Nephi who
lived for only an hour or so was the one we thought may
have looked like Gabby if he would have grown-up among
us. I have been in SD more than 2 weeks and haven't
visited his grave since November of last year. I also
neglected to put his name in our family blog. I promised
to visit him today and add this story. I visited him at
7 a.m. and I often called him by the wrong name, Matthew,
instead of Nephi. I finally got it straight, we had a good
chat and I said I would give him a gift even though I hadn't
bought flowers or brought much with me. I found a
baseball in the back of the truck, signed it, to my dear
boy, Nephi. Love, Dad and placed it on his gravestone.
Nephi has been visited by his guardian bunnies (they left
some droppings) and some ducks flew overhead.
He is much happier now. He is 7 yrs old.

No comments:

Post a Comment